« Home | Review: What To Do In Case Of Fire » | Trailer: Running With Scissors » | Review: Happiness of the Katakuris » | Review: The History Boys » | Trailer: Starter For Ten » | Review: Innocence » | Review: The Devil Wears Prada » | Trailer: Accepted » | Review: Little Miss Sunshine » | Trailer: Stick It »

Trailer: Backstage

Click here to watch the trailer.

The French films I've seen have all been on quaint, timeless subjects, so it's interesting to see their take on a very modern subject, the obsession with celebrity. Lucie adores and emulates the singer Lauren Walks. This film shows the lengths she will go to in order to get close to Lauren, and the effect it has on each of them. I am interested to see it, but it has a harsh edge about it that I think I will dislike, and a lack of warmth which could make me engage more with the characters. However, I won't judge it until I see it and I look forward to doing so. It was released in the USA last week, although limited to New York, so hopefully a UK release will follow.